Friday, August 05, 2005

Round One: The International

Len Mattiace and the tree shot. That was wild and I bet a very refreshing change from what people are used to seeing. Yesterday during the rain out coverage, I couldn't help but think that this is the one tournament in which the players are virtually guaranteed they won't have to play more than 18 holes in one day, at the most 27. I'm sure no one who runs the tournament wants to wear out the competitors the week before the PGA. So, if there's ever a tournament to be weather-shortened, it would be this one, or any tournament the week before a Major. Especially this one since it appears that weather affects this tournament every year. And I'm not sure if I can take hearing Gary McCord talk about the altitude for two more days. Yes, we know the air is thin up there. Maybe he should go back to bikini waxing greens like he did at the Masters the last time he was allowed there.

No comments: