Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Modified Stableford Scoring

This week's PGA event, The International, uses this strange scoring system in which point values are awarded for eagles, birdies etc.. I understand how people who play golf every day would like a change once in a while, but I'm not a big fan of this kind of thing. I saw some kind of strange scoring system earlier in a celebrity event televised on NBC and I have to say, my first thought was "gee, nothing like giving extra points to stroke a few egos". I apologize if I offended anyone, but this kind of seems to me to be something that you'd see at the end of the year, not while official golf is being played for official money and rankings.

1 comment:

Jack Golf Addix said...

Interesting modified stableford scoring. But it's pretty tough explaining it to my wife