Sunday, August 28, 2005

Final Round: Buick Championship

Congratulations to Brad Faxon for winning the tournament in a playoff. He really reached out and grabbed the championship by matching the course record. Van Der Walt did great as well and hit some amazing shots. Michael Putnam finished 12 under, exceptionally great for his first ever pro event. This is what I remember golf being like when I watched it in the Pre-Tiger years. I am very happy to see that some of what attracted me to the sport still exists: the comraderie, great sportsmanship, and great human interest stories.

Now for a little bit more on Brad Faxon. A few weeks back I featured him in the Spotlight for reasons that were unknown to me at the time. I just had to feature him there. Then as time went on, I kept paying attention to him, still with no specific reason. Today, I figured out why Brad Faxon has been so much in my sights. He reminds me Kevin Sorbo. Check it out. The same eyes, nose and lips, but just a little different:

Brad Faxon (from espn.com):



Kevin Sorbo (from msn.com):

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I used a picture that would put him at the same approximate age as Brad. Trust me, I had a grand time searching all the photos that google has to offer.

Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day!