Friday, August 26, 2005

I Love the Human Interest Stories

Since there are no big stars at the Buick Championship, the announcers have more time to devote to great stories like this one about Michael Putnam. This player just turned pro and played very well in the first round. I hope he has a great career.


By BRUCE BERLET, Courant Staff Writer

CROMWELL -- Michael Putnam had to chuckle about a whirlwind ride that landed him near the top of the leaderboard in his pro debut Thursday.

The member of the U.S. team that recaptured the Walker Cup 12 days ago figures he was somewhere over Iowa on a flight from Seattle to Philadelphia about 6 p.m. Friday when his agent called with word he had received a sponsor's exemption to the Buick Championship.

"I guess I turned pro on an airplane, didn't really have a media room to do it in," he said, smiling. "So I just said, `Here we go.'"

................................ Read More ............................

No comments: