Thursday, August 11, 2005

PGA: First Round

Tiger Woods shot a five over 75 today. He is 8 shots back of the lead after the first round. The lead is 3 under and 6 players are in that group including Phil Mickelson. I think this is probably one of the most stellar tournaments I've seen since returning to golf watching. The tv folks did their best to sell Tiger's first round as a death blow to his chances. Of course, the tv people did this to make any comeback he has even that much more dramatic so everyone can make more money. I look for him to move up on the leaderboard, but I don't see a 63 or 64 in the cards for him tomorrow. I don't see the low score after two rounds being more than 6 or 7 under par. But then, I wouldn't be surprised if the low score isn't worse than the 3 under that it is now. After all, they've only just completed one round so far. Plenty of golf left.

No comments: