Sunday, August 14, 2005

4th Round: PGA Championship

1) Tiger's tee shot on the par 3 4th - Lanny Wadkins said it wasn't a good shot, but many other competitors hit their shot in the same spot today. I don't think Lanny was watching the 4th round before coming on tv.

2) Davis Love signed an autograph, ostensibly for a little girl, before starting his round today. I doubt it was really for the little girl though. I think her daddy made her ask for it because he knew Davis wouldn't say no to a little kid. Shame on these parents for using their kids like that.

3) Swingvision - Peter Kostis showed a slow motion swingvision take on a bunker shot today. It looked really cool seeing that ball fly out of the bunker and the sand dispersing the way it did.

4) Steve Elkington is doing great so far. Good for him!

5) I believe the tv people turn up the volume on the crowd noise to try to make the players seem more marketable than they should be. I get tired of turning my tv down when the crowd noise is on, but turning it up when I want to hear the announcers describe the action. Shame on the tv people.

6) Two weather delays today and a no finish to the final round today. Tune back into CBS Monday morning at 10AM eastern to see the rest of the final round.

7) Who would I like to see win? At the beginning of the round it was Davis Love. Now it's Steve Elkington. I would also like to see Steve, Davis, Phil all finish separately in one, two and three so Tiger would finish out of the top three in the tournament. And if Vijay and Thomas Bjorn pushed Tiger even further down on the leaderboard, that wouldn't upset me much either.

No comments: