Thursday, February 14, 2008

What Do You Know.....

I'm actually watching golf this evening. I turned it over around 5:45pm eastern to see if I could see a leaderboard and didn't hear Kelly Whatshername. So, I watched for a little bit and still didn't hear her. Didn't hear Faldo either. So, I finished watching the first round coverage of the Northern Trust event. I don't remember if it's called an Open, Classic, Invitational, blah, blah. I'm watching the LPGA now.

I saw a new footjoy commercial with Angel Cabrera, the cute caddie, and Vijay Singh. I didn't really get to hear the commercial because I was on the phone, but it's good to see Cabrera doing commercials.

And of course, it was very nice for the Golf Channel to have Sergio on their coverage this evening, seeing as how this is Valentine's Day.

The one down side - Rich Lerner is back to his full of himself tone of voice. When he was paired with Faldo, he left the ego behind and just called the golf, which was very good. But tonight he sounded like he was trying to give the moment some kind of Nobel Prize winning meaning when it's just a golf game. Even if Tiger Woods won all four majors and went 5-0 at the Ryder Cup this year, Lerner's inflated announcer voice would not be fitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have nothing better to do, go to www.billybarooputter.com and check-out a real hand made wooden putter, wood shaft, real whipping and leather grip. And, it not only looks good, it is weighted and balanced and really works (I have one).