Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Matchplay, Round 1 Matches

I didn't watch any of this and have only read one account of one match and that was over on Hooked on Golf Blog. But I did check out the results on the Golf Channel website and here are some winners and non-winners (I don't like the word loser - today it's too mean):

Winners:
Sergio Garcia
Padraig Harrington
Ian Poulter
Niclas Fasth
Adam Scott
Woody Austin
Colin Montgomerie
Bradley Dredge
Paul Casey
Angel Cabrera
Luke Donald
Andres Romero
Steve Stricker
Lee Westwood

Non-Winners:
Justin Rose
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Mark Calcavecchia
Ernie Els
JB Holmes

Now I think these are all accurate listings, albeit not inclusive of all the match results - I just picked out some names of players I have an interest in. The bracket didn't look right on the golf channel website (or at least it was too hard to read) and I think I wrote down the right names with the right results.

JB Holmes apparently gave Tiger some worrying moments today. Hooked on Golf Blog has the account of it by someone who watched it. I was really hoping Holmes would advance. Not so much because he was playing Tiger, but because I want to see Holmes do well enough this year to make the Ryder Cup.

1 comment:

Hooked On Golf Blog said...

Thanks for the mention. JB had it in his hands...