Sunday, February 03, 2008

FBR Open: Twice as Nice (and other comments)

I would like to direct you all back to my post on January 12th of this year in which I posted questions I would like to see the media ask the golfers: one of them was to J.B. Holmes and that question was what did he plan to do with his game to try to make the Ryder Cup team this year. Well, we saw that answer today as he won the FBR Open in a playoff against Phil Mickelson. Gee, if only the media had asked my question back in January (instead of sucking up to Tiger), they would have been looked upon as visionaries, dare I say soothsayers. But alas, I will have to lay claim to one of those titles. And if you're thinking that one post back in January doesn't make me a visionary, well, go back to my 9/29/06 post in which I declared my new campaign was to see J.B. Holmes make the Ryder Cup team. Today's win is J.B.'s second win and the second time he's won this tournament. Hopefully, he will continue to do well and make the Ryder Cup Team. My reaction to J.B.'s win: I nearly flipped a chihuahua off my lap as I cheered J.B's victory. Suitably, said chihuahua was Winnie - get it? Win-nie. LOL.

Other notes:

I was led to believe that the new rule on making the cut would speed up play and stuff, but what did I see today? Groups of three going off both tees. Gee, that new rule's really working out for the PGA Tour.

CBS stands for something else: How about - Commentating B*!%S#@! Phil Mickelson was doing just fine doing more than enough on the course for any commentator to legitimately discuss, but no, CBS had to keep inserting Tiger Woods crap in there. I wonder how Jim Nantz would feel if Gary McCord kept talking about how great Dan Hicks is?

Something you wouldn't see You Know Who do: Phil Mickelson gave away two tickets to the Superbowl to a boy and his dad who were in the gallery for the final round of the FBR Open. Well, Bones actually handed the tickets over, but they were Phil's to give away. It was a really nice gesture.

1 comment:

The Armchair Golfer said...

Nice prognostication on Holmes. I just read he's fifth in Ryder Cup points. I'd say you were under par on that one, Even Par.