Thursday, February 07, 2008

It Only Took Seconds

I turned the tv over to the Golf Channel, thinking I could get a quick look at the leaderboard of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, but I heard maybe three words from Kelly Whatshername and decided I just couldn't listen to her tonight. So, I went back to Funniest Pets and People on WGN.

I was more than thrilled to see that Merline Lovelace, the author of the book I reviewed in the last post, left me a comment! That was one of those gotcha moments where someone catches you with your honest opinion (or with your pants down) and you think, gee if I'd known she was going to see it, I might have taken a bit more care with my review. LOL. I will go back and read the golf parts of the book, probably this weekend, and I'll look for the little details that will connect back to the other books in the series. I think my favorite book in the Codename Danger series has to be Doc's and Paige's book, called Undercover Man. I think it might have been the first in the series. In my defense, it's difficult to switch to a current day story when I've been reading romance novels that were written in the 60s and 70s. Lately, I've been reading a lot of Violet Winspear. I only have 6 more books to find and buy and I'll have all of the books she's ever written.

In case you missed it, I'm a collector. I have dvd collections of tv shows and book collections of my favorite authors. If you're into mysteries or detective novels, try the Nero Wolfe series written by Rex Stout. A&E aired a really good tv version of the books starring Timothy Hutton. Of course I have that on DVD. And I have all of the Nero Wolfe books. I haven't read the very last one he wrote because I want to read them all from the first book to the last in chronological order. I haven't done that yet and really don't know when I'll do that. I think the very first Nero Wolfe book, Fer de Lance, is golf related. I think that's the one where the killer has a club modified to shoot a needle of poison into the victim.

I got the latest issue of Golf magazine yesterday in the mail. It includes an interview with Mike Weir and a feature on Old Tom Morris. David Feherty once again makes many references to, well, that certain body part unique to you guys. The more the magazine lets him get by with the more outspoken he becomes. It's a shame he relies so much on these cheap references in his writing. He is so genuinely talented, he doesn't need to resort to that kind of juvenile writing.

The next holiday on my horizon is Valentine's Day. Hopefully, you all will see Winnie and PJ celebrating this special day for romance. I can't promise anything because I'm pretty lazy on the weekends. But we'll see.......

No comments: