Saturday, July 16, 2005

Third Round Thoughts

I've noticed a trend - everytime I make even the slightest prediction, the opposite happens. I said Jim Furyk might do well and he missed the cut. I said I expected Tiger to be about 4 under today, and he was only 1 under and he had to work at that. Dare I say Tiger will win? LOL! I'd better not push my luck. It looks as though Retief Goosen and Soren Hansen had the best rounds of the day with 6 under. Jose Marie Olazabal was 4 under on the day and in good position for tomorrow. Sean O'Hair continues to do well and was under par again today. And Nick Faldo and Greg Norman are in a 10 way tie for 29th, with this being Norman's first tournament in a long while due to surgery. I think I'm missing a story between Faldo and Norman - the way Azinger was talking to Faldo about the possibility of he and Norman being paired together on Sunday. I will have to go looking for that story. If anyone knows what they are not telling me, let me know.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

He would be a good champion. He's personable and seems to be well liked by a lot of people. And he has the record to back it up with his two Masters wins.