Thursday, July 14, 2005

First Round

Well, I was partly right - Jim Furyk did surprise - with his what, 6 over par? Maybe he's just tired from playing so much before the Open. Tiger's only got a 1 shot lead with a lot of very good players chasing him. I think he's in for a battle this time. I was pretty sick of the Tiger-laden coverage on TNT. Before I left for work this morning, it was Tiger this and Tiger that. When I got home 8 hours later it was still Tiger this and Tiger that. Give it a rest already.

2 comments:

Steve said...

With a 4-stroke lead heading into the weekend, how can you not expect to have Tiger coverage 90% of the time?

Miranda said...

Tiger has a lead in many tournaments. At some point this ceases to be news and becomes a cash cow advertising ploy. Besides if he's so far ahead, why watch him? The real golf is being played by the people trying to catch him.