Friday, July 22, 2005

The Senior British Open

A funny little story: My boss, Tony, and I were discussing the Sr. British Open yesterday. Tony, of course, thinks he knows everything, especially when it comes to golf because he plays golf. Yesterday, he said that Hale Irwin would win the tournament because Hale is still mad about his performance in the Sr. US Open. Tony completely rejected the idea that Greg Norman could be a factor. I of course picked Greg Norman because he is in phenomenal shape and for his first tournament back, he had a great showing at the Open last week. And I picked Greg Norman because the new guy always wins on the Senior Tour. Interestingly, I don't see Hale Irwin on the leaderboard, but Greg Norman has a very prominent position. Hahahaha!!! Hopefully, Norman will do well enough for me to gloat about it on Monday when I get back to work.

No comments: