Wednesday, July 13, 2005

More on the Predictions for the British Open

As I mentioned before, everyone seems to be picking Tiger Woods to win. But what is even more interesting is the pick for most disappointing. Two of the four people featured in this article said Phil Mickelson. I am of the opinion that the one sure bet is that Phil Mickelson won't win or do extraordinarily well this time around. He hasn't done well recently for being one of the Big 5, and I have to admit, if I had to pick between Mickelson or Woods to win a tournament (not who I want to win, but who has the game at the moment to win) I would have to pick Woods. I can't wait to see who does win the British Open. I'd like to know if all these people who pick Tiger end up right or wrong. Personally, I think with Jim Furyk coming in second and first in pretty recent tournaments, he just might surprise a good many people and do very well.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Surprise is right...missed the cut!