Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Battle At The Bridges

I only got to watch this until 10pm last night. Since I get up at 5am to work out weekdays, I go to bed early. My thoughts:
Retief did pretty good for someone suffering from jet lag.

I think it would drive me nuts to have Phil Mickelson reading my putts for me (If I played golf that is).

Phil reminded me of Tom Cruise - the way he would explain what he thought about putt reading and such reminded me of how Tom Cruise kept trying to convince the world that prescription drugs are bad. Only Phil does hit putts and Tom Cruise has never had post partum depression. Phil may have more credibility there.

As for John Daly, I didn't pay much attention to him because I'm currently reading A Good Walk Spoiled by John Feinstein and I was at the part about Daly's comments just before and during the British Open. I didn't want to think one certain thing or another about Daly last night until I had finished up that part of the book. I wanted to get the whole story first. For me, the story's still out on Daly even after finishing that part of the book. Unfortunately, I have this bad habit of not believing anything I read, see or hear, so I am considering the book as only one source of information and not the only source.

And finally, Tiger Woods - what can I say about his memorable performance? He was in the water, he missed some putts, he went from bunker to bunker on one hole. Tony did not appreciate me bringing all that up this morning at work - hahahahaha.

No comments: