Friday, January 19, 2007

Spanning the Globe

I haven't had much time to do the research necessary to comment fully on round 2 of Abu Dhabi or the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, but here are a couple of thoughts: Sergio was even par on the day. Not so bad when you think about his game, but not good when you think about the tournament. He's got to do better on the weekend so he can start the year off well. Miguel Angel Jimenez made a move today. Good for him.

As for the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic; Justin Rose continues to play great. I'm so happy for him. He is a very nice guy. I haven't met him, but he did personally respond to a fan email I sent him. He deserves a lot of success out there. Phil Mickelson hasn't made a move yet. You have to wonder just how much work he did during his off season. Yes, he's a lot fitter, but you'd expect after such a layoff, his game would be dynamically good. But so far, we haven't seen that. That's another thing that's kind of gotten me disappointed - Sergio had several weeks to work on his putting, but from what I saw yesterday, he's still sticking with what he did last year - crouching, stiff as a board, for seemingly forever before hitting the putt. Hopefully that will pay off for him and he will get a win or two this year.

And the Champions Tour begins its season tonight in Hawaii. I wish I was in Hawaii. But that's no surprise. Anyone who reads this blog with any regularity knows I have a fondness for the island paradise.

No comments: