Friday, January 12, 2007

Leaderboards

I wanted to see the leaderboard for the Sony Open, so I went to the pga tour's website. I kept getting "this document contains no data" pop up boxes every few seconds. So, I gave up trying to get the scores there and went to the Golf Channel's website. There, the page kept refreshing and I couldn't get it to go anywhere but the first page of the leaderboard. Finally, I was able to go to the last page of the board, but I wanted to see all the scores. Not page by page. And it's pointless to expect full field scores during the coverage tonight. As I noted last week, they kept saying they would show full field scores but kept leaving off Ben Curtis.

Oh, and did anyone see the little, and I mean little, graphics last night during round one - at the top of the screen the Golf Channel showed two players' scores at a time. Unfortunately, you need a 52 inch screen for the graphics to be big enough to actually read.

It's obvious that both the pga tour and the golf channel expect their audiences to have tons of money - enough for broadband internet connections and big screen hd tvs.

No comments: