Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year's Day

I spent a big chunk of my New Year's Day at my parents' house with my niece, nephew and brother-in-law who came up from Florida for Christmas. My sister stayed behind to work and to have some me time for herself. Me time is very important. I have had over a year of it and I'm still not satisfied. Anyway, my brother-in-law tried his very best to get me to agree to come for a visit this spring and attend the Players Championship. They live in Jacksonville which isn't far away from the PGA Tour headquarters and the World Golf Hall of Fame. He almost had me convinced to do more than visit. He said I could visit for two weeks, to which I said if I stayed that long, I'd be turning in job applications at the World Golf Hall of Fame and the Tour Headquarters. He said that was fine since there's a house down the street from them that's for sale. I asked if it had a fenced in yard for my dogs and yes, it does. Added to all of that the fact that it doesn't snow there, and it's a very compelling argument. But, I am notorious for not making decisions and letting opportunities pass me by so odds are I'll let this one pass me by too.

No comments: