Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saturday in Golf

Spaniard Watch is loving Miguel Angel Jimenez this week. It's about time he got back into contention. I don't have anywhere to go tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to just sit down and watch the final round of the Abu Dhabi tournament.

Justin Rose had a so-so day at the Bob Hope. At one time he had a 5 shot lead, but when the players are playing 4 courses, you can't rely on the leaderboards that much on Saturday. Tomorrow, everyone plays the Classic Club and I agree with Justin that he will have an advantage for having played the course today. I also hope that today was Justin's typical fourth/final round hiccup that has prevented him from winning on the US tour in the past. If he gets that out of the way, maybe he will play great tomorrow and come away with a win. I also like Lucas Glover up there at the top too.

The Champions Tour looks to be a hotbed of competition this week. Several players within a couple shots of the lead and all the players are tough. Even Hale Irwin's in contention, something we haven't really seen for a year or so. I plan to check out this thing about the Titanic on History International and if it isn't any good, I'll probably come back to the Golf Channel to see more of the Champions Tour event.

No comments: