Monday, January 15, 2007

It Pays to Read the Instructions

As some of you might know, in 2005 I lost a bunch of weight by working out and dieting. Well, after I went to the Bridgestone Invitational last year, I started eating everything in sight and that lasted throughout the rest of the year and resulted in a weight gain of about 20 to 25 pounds. So, last week, I got back on the treadmill and the diet. Almost immediately I got bored with the selection of dvds I have to watch while I'm walking off 300 calories at a time. I'm really into travel shows right now, like Rick Steves' Europe and Globetrekker, but I only have a few of those official dvds. I do, however, have episodes of Globetrekker recorded by my dvd recorder. Some of them wouldn't play in my dvd player that I have in front of the treadmill. I first thought the dvds were just worthless, but after reading the instruction manual for my dvd recorder, I learned that if I chose to finalize the dvd, then it would probably play in other players. I spent some time this afternoon finalizing several home-recorded dvds - episodes of Globetrekker and, relevant to this blog, rounds of golf that I've recorded in the last year or so. So, now I can watch European Tour golf while I'm working out - which is kind of like watching a travel show.

No comments: