Sunday, January 21, 2007

Final Round Thoughts

Paul Casey came from behind to win in Abu Dhabi. Miguel Angel Jimenez finished T2. Sergio didn't make it into the top ten, but he did improve from yesterday and he did have 4 rounds at par or better.

At the Bob Hope, Justin Rose was in it right til the end but missed out on a playoff with the way he played the 18th. John Rollins and Charlie Hoffman did make it into a playoff and Charlie got the win. Jeff Quinney won a car for a hole in one. A couple of comments: John Rollins got a lot of negative thoughts attached to him last year for earning all those Ryder Cup points for his win at the B.C. Open. It's good to see him in contention at such a prestigious event. Maybe all those Points Whiners will rethink some of their comments. I didn't see them out there this week in contention. This is Charlie Hoffman's first win so if I was pulling for anyone other than Justin it would have been him. Plus, he had some great shoes on. And as for the hole in one - the announcers kept replaying it and talking about his score in the tournament but they took forever to tell us that Jeff had won a car and what kind of car it was. That's the exciting part about a hole in one.

Now I have a hard decision to make - do I watch the Champions Tour event in wonderful Hawaii, watch the Australian Open tennis coverage in blistering hot Australia, or Digging for the Truth on the History Channel? I have a feeling I might be channel surfing tonight.

Off topic: We got snow today (Booooo!!!!!). I was out shoveling about 3 inches of snow off my quarter of a mile long driveway and I am so sore and tired now. It was really depressing because it was still snowing while I was out there. I figured it would be easier for tomorrow's upper 30s temperatures to melt off the additional inch rather than 4 total inches. Have I mentioned on this blog how much I hate snow? I really, really hate snow. The weather for the rest of the week doesn't look all that great. I have a feeling I might end up carrying milk and other groceries up to my house while I leave my car parked at the main road. That will be a first for me. The one positive thing about that is that it's an extra workout.

No comments: