Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quiros Wins the Qatar Masters

There was a reason why I highlighted Alvaro Quiros in every update I posted this week. I thought he would play well given how well he played last week. And he made me look good by winning today with a total score of -19. Oosthuizen and Stenson finished tied for second at -16. And there were a total of 4 Spaniards finishing in the top 10: Quiros, Jimenez, Fernandez-Castano, and Sergio Garcia. The really cool news is that Quiros is now reportedly in the top 30 in the World Golf Rankings (moving up from 74) and he'll be in the World Match Play and probably at the Bridgestone Invt. - so I might see him in person if I go to the Bridgestone this year.

Some other scores:
Adam Scott -8 Tied 21
Rory McIlroy -3 Tied 46
Ross Fisher -2 Tied 50
Danny Willett -1 Tied 56
Oliver Wilson +3 T64

No comments: