Saturday, January 31, 2009

FBR Open

I'm finally watching some of this tournament. Unfortunately for the PGA Tour, this week coincides with the Australian Open tennis tournament and I had to watch Nadal, Federer etc instead of the FBR Open. But today is a break as the Women's final was on this morning and I didn't watch it or want to watch the replays. The men's final is early tomorrow morning at like 3am or something and I think it will be replayed at around 9am tomorrow.

Anyway, the FBR Open. I don't like the 16th hole. I'm sure it's a lot of fun and all, but it isn't really golf. Traditional golf. Man communing with nature, competing against himself and the elements kind of golf. The 16th hole is about beer. And booing people who play better than the boo-ers any day of the week. When I first started watching golf back in 1992 it was all about peace. I watched and went "Ahhh.... it's so quiet and tranquil." And it was wonderful. For raucus behavior, I could watch pro wrestling.

At least I can depend on the Masters folks to keep golf quiet that week.

Speaking of Pro Wrestling, I was at walmart one morning this week, killing time, and reading an issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated. I can't believe how many children of old wrestlers are competing these days. Curt Hennig, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and a bunch of other legends have kids in the business now. I just hope the offspring have learned from all of the untimely deaths that have happened in the wrestling business and are living healthy lives.

No comments: