Saturday, July 12, 2008

WV on TV

West Virginia is the site of this week's Nationwide Tour event. Apparently, they are considering this a Players Championship of the Nationwide Tour and the winner's check is supposed to be one of the biggest all year. I don't mind West Virginia being the host of this event as they are playing a Pete Dye course and all. But, our governor doesn't need yet another excuse to be on TV. Among the people I know, there isn't one who thinks of the governor as a humble man. No, they all believe he has the healthiest self-image they've ever seen (that's the politically correct way of saying he thinks a lot of himself).

So, good luck to all the Nationwide Tour players in the field this week. The new trophy looks a lot better than what they used to have - I think it was a hunk of coal someone dug up out of their backyard - just kidding.

* As a native WVian, I reserve the right to make fun of my state :) I did scare my parents earlier today. They were here with my very active and rambunctious niece and nephew and I said "I could have been in Bridgeport this week and Akron in a couple weeks" and Mom didn't like the thought of not having me around to help with the kids. LOL. Not that I do a lot with them. I don't know anything about kids and think my parenting skills are best suited for Winnie and PJ (my chihuahuas).

No comments: