Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fed Ex Update

No, not the Fed Ex Cup. The Fed Ex Delivery service. A Fed Ex driver found my house today. And he meant to. I got home this morning from shopping and found a package next to where I park my car. The address was mine, but the name and the package weren't. I don't blame the Fed Ex driver for this because he was looking for that address and found it. But it's still a hassle. There's a phone number on the package shipping label and I did a reverse look-up on it to see if I could find an address for the person the package belongs to. I found an address but Mom and I don't know right where it is. Mom lives on the same road as the package owner but she is about 60 box numbers away. Anyway, I'm taking the package to Mom's tomorrow and she can call the number and have the people come to her house to get it. Her house is easier to find and since she and dad are retired, it's more likely that when these people want to pick up the package, someone will be at the house to give it to them.

Of course, the next time I have something shipped Fed Ex to my address, it will end up a couple of miles away. I don't trust that the Fed Ex people have this sorted out for good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just call 1-800-Go-FedEx. FedEx will come and get the package and find the rightful owner. I'm a part-time courier for FedEx and we run into that problem all the time. We go by addresses not names, and since it arrived at the correct address but the name is wrong, then that means that the shipper of the package messed up, not FedEx. So I wouldn't go through the hassle of getting it to the correct person, unless it's no big deal for you or your parents. It might be easier to just call the 1-800 number and leave it where you found it and a courier will retrieve it. I hope this helps you out.