Sunday, June 03, 2007

Memorial Final Round

KJ Choi shot -7 (a 65) to win the Memorial by one shot over Ryan Moore who fired a -6 to finish solo second. Kenny Perry had the round of the day with a -9 and ended up T3 with Rod Pampling. You could go down more than 10 names on the leaderboard and not find an over par final round. So, a lot of good golf was played today.

In order to avoid the Tiger Love Fest, I deliberately didn't watch the first hour of CBS' coverage and didn't watch any of the golf channel today. I watched the French Open instead. And unfortunately, I had to watch Serena Williams. I'm not a big fan of the Williams sisters. They got a lot of the same kind of hype that Tiger gets when they first hit the scene and I got tired of hearing it. Plus, women's tennis itself is a bit annoying with all the vocalizations they have when they hit the ball.

After Tennis went off NBC, I turned it over to NBC to see what was going on with the LPGA tour. They had Dottie Pepper in the 18th tower, which meant I wouldn't be able to stand watching that coverage, no matter how good Dan Hicks is.

You know, the Golf Channel should put together a show with Dottie Pepper and Lanny Wadkins. I'm sure it would get big ratings. If people can watch the Big Break, they can watch Dottie and Lanny.

No comments: