Friday, June 22, 2007

Back to an Old Hobby

Due to recent technical difficulties with my computer, I bought a 2 gb flash drive and saved all my important stuff on it - pictures, internet bookmarks, and my golf themed romance novel I was writing last year. Well, that, and this year's U. S. Open, got me to thinking that I should get back to working on that novel, so I am. I've finally typed all the chapters and have them printed out and I've proofread the first 9 chapters. Chapters 10 through 15 will need some massive re-working, but hopefully I can make it decent.

The technical difficulties? I got this error message that said "disk boot failure. insert system disk and press enter." Well, I thought my computer had crashed. But mom and dad said they thought that they had gotten that message on mom's e-machine right after they just bought it. They had unplugged all the cords from the CPU and were ready to take it back, but dad had to try one more time and plugged it back up. It worked. So, if anyone ever gets that error message, just unplug everything and wait about a half an hour and then plug it all back up. See if that works. It worked for me.

No comments: