Sunday, June 17, 2007

Cabrera Wins The US Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And guess who had him as her sleeper/dark horse pick! Me!!!

Unfortunately, I found that I couldn't watch the whole round today. I was too anxious. And every time I turned the tv over to NBC, they just happened to be showing Tiger Woods. Gee, how could that happen? So, I stayed online today and kept the leaderboard up to check on the progress.

And didn't I mention in yesterday's post that Cabrera had gotten his bad round out of the way and that he could have a good round today the same way he bounced back at Wentworth?

Some notes about the final round: There were only two players under par in the final round, Cabrera and Anthony Kim. Lee Janzen finished T13. Hopefully this will help him with his card this year. As I remember it, he finished out of the top 125 last year. Some players who had better rounds today than yesterday: Cabrera, Fasth, Toms, Dougherty, Verplank, Kelly, Pablo Martin, Olazabal.

Bottom line: I always want the guy who's never won to win something. Share the wealth, so to speak. So, it's really great that Angel Cabrera won. Plus, he's so animated that he's a lot of fun to watch. And his caddie isn't bad to look at.

Question left unanswered: Does Cabrera like his nickname "El Pato"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great dark horse pick, Miranda. Well done.