Friday, February 23, 2007

Still Missing Phoebe...

But I just watched Tiger lose to Nick O'Hern so I have to post. Yippeee!!! The faux win streak is over! Let the weaseling begin. The media will try everything to make excuses or flat out lie to the public but the plain truth is that he lost, lost, lost.

And I just want to say that I've been watching the Matchplay this week and I've been very, very happy to see Justin Rose doing so well. He is such a nice guy and he deserves his success. And I'm glad to see Paul Casey doing well. He might win this thing.

Sad to see Sergio, Jose Maria and Miguel lose out early. But Sergio did have a 6th place finish last week so he's still playing better than he has all year.

Sergio's new Michelob Ultra commercial is so funny. I love the tranquilizer tees.

I was watching the LPGA coverage and I got to thinking: Why is it they can find T-shirts with real sleeves, but when I got to walmart, I can only find T-shirts with virtually no sleeves. I have flabby skin that I want to hide, dang it! The golfers can wear tank tops, they're in great shape. Give me the real T-shirts.

Now, an update on my tragedy - I still miss Phoebe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were really hard for me. I'm still hugging a stuffed animal at night while I'm sleeping. And I'm spending much more time paying attention to Steffi and Fritz, my other two dogs. I'm glad I don't let the dogs sleep with me or it would be even more unbearable. I guess you could say something positive came out of this. My parents have been more supportive and more emotional to me than they have ever been before. I've never had this kind of attention from them. We are not a close, huggy family. I have written a want ad and I'm putting it in the buy/sell/trade publications in my area and on the local radio show. I found an ad for a female chihuahua puppy for sale, but when mom called she found out it had already been sold. But the seller has another chihuahua who will be having puppies in about 6 weeks so I'm on a list for those puppies if there are any females in the litter. So, at the least I could be getting a puppy by about the first week of June.

Back to Golf for a second: Who is Grant Boone? He's covering the Fields Open and I've never heard of him.

And finally, A BIG, BIG, BIG THANK YOU to everyone who expressed their sympathies to me about the loss of Phoebe. I really am fortunate to have so many wonderful friends supporting me at this time. You guys are terrific!

No comments: