Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ball mark ???

Everyone seems to be making veiled comments about Tiger's excuse of 'forgetting' to fix the ball mark on that putt he missed. I get the impression that these announcers aren't buying it. As I'm not a golfer, I can only go by what I see, what I hear, and what I know about what I see and hear and who I see and hear it from. And believe it or not, I have to believe Tiger's account of the event. I don't think he's the kind of person to invent a bad excuse. He'd make up a really good one. Plus, Johnny Miller said he could see how there may have been some difficulty due to how the grass had been mowed.

Personally, I think people are focusing on the ball mark a little too much. Bottom line is, if it all came down to just that one putt, then Tiger messed up somewhere along the way in getting to that point. He shouldn't have had to rely on that one putt to win and the fact that he did means that he had already lost the match.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. It never comes down to just one putt, there always could have been something else done better.

Nolan M

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back!