Tuesday, February 27, 2007

July 4th News

I just heard on Golf Central that the PGA Tour has come up with a replacement for the International which would be played in Washington DC. And surprise, surprise, Tiger Woods is a factor. His Foundation is to benefit greatly from this deal.

Remember on Feb. 7th when I said the following:
"My own conspiracy-laden opinion: Just how hard did Finchem work to save the International if he was working on the replacement at the same time? After reading Greg Norman's book and reading other anecdotes about Finchem, I don't know if I trust him."

I think my cynicism is justified. That poor old man in Denver was sold out by the Tour who continues to milk Tiger for all he's worth.

Lucky for me that Wimbledon is contested during the July 4th week. I'll be watching that unless Sergio and Jose Maria are both playing this new golf tournament. And even then, I might not watch.

No comments: