Saturday, October 08, 2005

WGC: AMEX Championship, Round 3

Where to start? Sean O'Hair had a great round going until the last couple of holes. Hopefully, he will come out tomorrow and kick some butt. Of those at the top of the leaderboard, you have John Daly with a 3 under par round. Sergio Garcia was also 3 under. Colin Montgomerie was 1 under and is one back of Daly. Tiger Woods was 2 under and managed to once again show just how many times he can miss right. Nike should start selling golf helmets to the gallery. Henrick Stenson is in the mix as is Jim Furyk and Angel Cabrera.

Tomorrow will be very exciting. I don't know if Montgomerie will have a really good round. I don't think he'll be more than 2 under. John Daly is probably in the best position. He's been 3 under pretty much every round. I don't think he would have a bad round tomorrow. As for Sergio, it doesn't seem to me like there might be a low round in him for tomorrow. I'd say if he's 1 or 2 under, that might be a good round for him.. Tiger hasn't had a really low round or a really high round yet, so he's due for one or the other. The two players to watch will be Furyk and Stenson - Furyk for his accuracy and putting, and Stenson because he's a European Tour guy and the conditions favor him.

Now that I've gone out on this limb and forecasted Sunday's round, the Golf Gods will go out of their way to make me wrong. Have at it. I'd love to be wrong about Sergio and see him win this thing :)

No comments: