Sunday, October 09, 2005

Final Round

Well, first of all, I would like to remind everyone of what happened the last time I said Jim Furyk might win a tournament - he lost badly. So, as this is the second time he has had a bad round after I made a prediction, I am declaring this blog a pre-win "Furyk Who?" zone. Hopefully, if I forget about him until after whatever tournament he's in is over, maybe I won't jinx him again. I am convinced my bad luck has manifested itself as a jinx.

Sergio did do well and ended up tied for 3rd. He could have done better but did have some really good moments, like the eagle on the 7th hole.

Colin Montgomerie was even par on the day, which was kind of surprising. I would have expected him to be at least one under on the final round.

It looks like 67 was the lowest round of the day and several people made that score, including Tiger Woods who won in a playoff with John Daly. Nike really does need to get started on those gallery helmets I mentioned in a previous post. I think that last putt that Daly missed was just a mental error. Maybe he was thinking of the next hole and didn't stop to think that if he missed that putt there wouldn't be a next hole. It was over really quickly.

Finally, I am very pleased that Henrick Stenson was 2 under on his round and ended up tied for 3rd. Yesterday I suggested he might do well today. Apparently my jinxing ability favors Furyk :)

No comments: