Friday, October 28, 2005

Volvo Masters

So, I do a google news search for Sergio Garcia and I get tons of stories about Colin Montgomerie's second round 66 and his two shot lead. Okay. So, Colin Montgomerie is apparently really close to winning the Order of Merit again. Good for him. The press seems to be trying to build up a fight between Montgomerie and Michael Campbell. I don't see why either one of them should take the bait. Montgomerie cherishes the Order of Merit title. It means a lot to him. So, let it be. Campbell, on the other hand, prefers Major Championships. And why not since he's won one? I don't know about you, but I prefer to see golfers being nice out there and not sparring with each other in the press. If I want to see hostility like that, I'll watch the WWE. I don't want to someday find Colin Montgomerie taking a walk down Know Your Role Boulevard (That's a reference to the Rock - fyi). I'd rather see him all happy and smiles for winning a tournament the good and decent way and hear him speak graciously about his competitors.

No comments: