Saturday, December 01, 2007

Rehabilitation is a Myth?

I was watching Golf Hawaii and Mark Calcavecchia was talking about his friend and caddie who had spent time in prison. Calcavecchia said that his friend had to basically start all over and didn't know anything about text messaging or email. The general public has been led to believe that there are rehabilitation programs and education opportunities extended to those in the prison system, but it would appear that this is misleading. I could get on my soap box about prison reform, but I try to keep my blogs from being controversial and argumentative, so I will simply say that there should be some kind of transition program offered to those slated to be released so that they can more easily assimilate back into society. At least Calcavecchia's friend had people out there to help him in a positive way.

No comments: