Saturday, October 06, 2007

Big News so Far

The big news in golf so far is the two hot rounds that Jesper Parnevik shot at the Valero Texas Open - 61-65. And I think he switched putters at some point? I wasn't paying too much attention.

And those commercials with the Rascal Flats version of the song Life is a Highway - blah, blah, blah are very annoying. Why doesn't the company have commercials with all the versions of that song? That would be an interesting advertising campaign.

From the LPGA - they were doing a breast cancer awareness thing and wearing pink during their early rounds of this week's tournament. Beth Daniel related to the audience the story of Heather Farr who died from cancer because her doctors told her they would just monitor her condition instead of operating (they believed she was too young for her cancer to be that aggressive). There is a lesson in this story for everyone - men and women alike - and that message is: get a second opinion!!! Every day I see news article on the web about doctors misdiagnosing patients. Just the other day on the Today Show there was a woman who had a double mastectomy and then later found out she never had cancer at all. And to think state legislatures want to limit jury awards in medical malpractice cases. What they need to limit is the award amount in the RIAA song downloading lawsuits - Walmart sells cds with the same number of songs on them for anywhere between $9.72 and $15.96 - proof that the RIAA and the record companies are making a fortune on the nearly $6.00 difference there. Of course, as you all know, I have dial up access so I obviously buy cds instead of downloading songs. I can't tie up my phone line for hours for a song that I could get in just seconds by buying the cd. And of course, there's always the risk that while you are 'sharing' your music online, you could be vulnerable to viruses being sent to your computer. I should stop there - I might have just given the RIAA an idea.

No comments: