Sunday, September 16, 2007

LPGA Notes

I watched some of the Solheim Cup today. I got the sense that things are much more hostile for the women than they are for the men of the Ryder Cup. Dottie Pepper kept talking about agreements and rules and such as if every little thing has to be spelled out or else all heck breaks loose. Women fight over the littlest thing? Crazy, I know. Where do people get these ideas? The Americans won the Solheim Cup and I'm sure there will be many people writing about what the American men can learn from the American women. I'm not going to get into that. The biggest thing I want to talk about is Suzann Petterson and her caddie. Her caddie puts his hand on the side of her face to help her with alignment in her practice swings. I'd like to see Mark Calcavecchia's caddie try that. This is the biggest problem I have with the LPGA Tour. The caddies help the women way too much on lining up their shots and stuff.

No comments: