Saturday, September 22, 2007

Insulting

I just read the article on Seve Ballesteros in the October issue of Golf Magazine. Unlike the honest but respectful article written about David Feherty's troubles with depression, this article on Seve was pretty insulting, suggesting repeatedly that he is, for a lack of a better description, washed up. Even going so far as to suggest some illness he suffered in June was perhaps attempted suicide. Seve denies that and his manager reported that the visit to the hospital was related to an irregular heartbeat.

The tone of this article was depressing, snarky, and just plain rude. Rather than the Goodbye to a Legend article I was expecting, what I got was a mean-spirited look at one of Golf's greatest players.

Next time Golf Magazine wants to interview a legend, they can hire me to do it. I'd even write a respectful article about Tiger Woods.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no point in kicking someone when they're down. I have no tolerance for people who do that. Steve Ballesteros has been a phenomenal player, and he should be treated with respect.

John
golf putting tips