Saturday, June 17, 2006

US Open Round 3

There were some nice shots early that made you happy you were watching: Fred made a long putt, Peter Hedblom had a hole in one and then had an eagle a hole or two later. But then things went south and it was more of the same: who could play the least bad. It's so depressing. If I keep watching, I might have to take some of my dad's welbutrin medicine.

Did you notice that whenever Johnny Miller said something "this could come out ___ and do this ____" that it did? Too bad he doesn't play anymore. I'd like to see him play against Lanny Wadkins - maybe one round for charity or something.

And two quotes from Johnny Miller that I had to mention:
1. "He's in Ferrieland." Dan Hicks had to clarify that Miller was referring to Kenneth Ferrie for the sake of the censors.

2. "He's like a David Feherty who can play." Commenting on Kenneth Ferrie. I love David Feherty, but that was a good quote.

Spaniard Watch: Jimenez and Olazabal are pretty far back. If I want to see them tomorrow, I'd better tune in early.

No comments: