Friday, June 02, 2006

My Take on the Rake Controversy

Jack Nicklaus has said numerous times during this week's coverage that guys shouldn't be aiming for bunkers or rough, they should aim for fairways and greens. And I completely agree with him. So, when the new rake made its debut and the game got just a little more challenging for the millionaires, I was happy to see it. And quite frankly, these guys are professionals. They should suck it up and play. Not whine.

An interesting side note: The top prize this week is about $1 Million. It would take me 38 years at my current salary to make that much money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. I personally think that as pro's they should be able to make the most out of any condition, not cry about the conditions because the bunkers arent as smooth as a babies butt. Bunkers are hazards and as such one should expect them to be penal. Will the pro's next be demanding that all water be no deeper than 2 inches to give them an increased opportunity to play out of the water with no cost? If non-smooth as ice bunkers are going to keep from the million dollar plus prizes on the PGA tour, maybe you need to A) Work on your bunker shots or B) Find another job.