Sunday, May 13, 2007

Players Championship: Final Round, So Far

I have to post while the puppies are sleeping - there are two holes left to play.

Comments so far:

When NBC's coverage first started today, Dan Hicks showed Tiger highlights and said that his was the 'round of the championship, today so far, matching Oberholser'. Allow me to supply a hypothetical internal monologue going on while Dan was saying that: "Tiger's the greatest, our cash cow... wait, didn't Quinney shoot a 64 yesterday.... but today Tiger did great.... except he went out early which means there are dozens of other players to complete their rounds and Oberholser shot a 67 too..... If I use my stellar announcer voice and make it sound great, the viewers won't know I'm such a suck up to Tiger"

Sergio made a lot of good putts today. He made a 38 ft (NBC said 38, Brandel Chamblee said 48) putt on the 'gimmicky' 17th for birdie. Going to break, you heard Johnny Miller (I love that man) say, "That was better than most."

As for Sergio and Jose Maria, it has been a wonderful, spectacular, tournament for them. Jose Maria moved from 108 after the first round to maybe top 5 or so when the tournament ends. Sergio had two great rounds Saturday and Sunday.

Sean O'Hair is really suffering right now on the 17th. You have to feel really bad for him. But this is the first time he's ever been on this big of a stage so at least he can walk away with that in his mind. He made it this far. It's a stepping stone to build on for the future.

As a side note: I don't want to think that me getting the puppies this weekend, who are named after Sergio and Jose Maria, had anything to do with their good play. I would rather think that Sergio's and Jose Maria's good play is a good omen for how well things will go with me and the puppies. The puppies already have a good idea what puppy pads are for. I'm taking the whole week off to puppy pad train them, so hopefully, they will learn quickly and I will have well trained dogs who will live for about 15 years. I'd rather not have to puppy pad train any others for a while.

An update: Sergio is now in second place after Phil and Sean O'Hair completed the 17th.

No comments: