Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Irish Open

Since I have the week off, I'll actually be able to watch Thursday and Friday golf this week (unless I'm watching tennis). At the Irish Open, the following are set to compete: Marcel Siem, Nick Dougherty, Lee Westwood, Johan Edfors, Padraig Harrington, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Anton Haig, Andres Romero and a bunch of other people.

I've read some comments on news websites that suggest that 'no one' is showing up for the Irish Open because of the Fed Ex Cup and how all the European Tour players are abandoning the European Tour to chase the $10 Million first place prize for winning the Cup. Well, I think there are a lot of good players at the Irish Open this week. And as I said in my previous post, I don't think it's the Fed Ex Cup that's motivating the European Tour players to play so much in America, I think it's the revamped schedule.

No comments: