Friday, September 22, 2006

Ryder Cup Day One

Sergio is doing great! Many people questioned pairing Sergio with Jose Maria, but I didn't. I knew they would do well. And as for Sergio and Luke vs Woods and Furyk - nothing makes me happier. Nothing probably makes Sergio happier. LOL. On to other matches: I expected Clarke and Westwood to beat Mickelson and DiMarco. I wished Paul Casey would have done better, but Robert Karlsson did pretty well. And I expected that Sergio and Jose Maria would be paired against Mickelson and DiMarco on Saturday and Westwood and Clarke would take on Furyk and Woods. What bothers me? Vaughn Taylor sitting out for a day and a half. He's a very good player and one heck of a putter. Nothing says "Gee Captain Lehman doesn't have any confidence in you" more than ignoring you for a day and a half.

A little bit about fashion: Gone are the days when the clothing colors coordinate with the flags they represent. The Americans and Europeans both had beige, or brown on, with a little green and gray thrown in. I would like to know what kind of material the Europeans' shirts are made of. It's something shiney and it looks pretty spiffy. And I would like to know why Sergio is wearing a visor instead of a hat. It looks so out of place.

Delayed coverage: I love the fact that I could get on the internet and find out the results before the matches played out on tv. And something else I noticed about the coverage: when Tiger was winning, the tv people wouldn't show hardly any of the other matches. But when Tiger was losing, they showed all the other matches on the course. Maybe they figured Tiger would get upset and refuse to do interviews if they showed his bad shots. Heaven forbid they do anything to upset the great Tiger Woods. Peter Kostis did that a while back and I guess CBS won't put him with Tiger's group anymore.

No comments: