Friday, September 01, 2006

First Round: Deutsche Bank Championship

I'm very excited to see nice Justin Rose at 4 under par after the first round. Hopefully, this is a sign of good things to come for him. And Peter Lonard, who looked very impressive in person last week, is 3 under. Ryan Moore, who I think has been using a completely different swing lately to avoid some sort of pain/injury issues, is -1. Some not so great news: Paul Azinger +1, and Brad Faxon and David Duval are +3.

I really thought Tiger would be too tired to do well this week. He won last week, flew to Ireland, then came back for this tournament, a tournament for which he has some hosting responsibilities. Still don't like him all that much, but I figure if he wins every tournament for the next year, then he might get bored and move on to something else. The only thing I do like about him is the fact that he has two dogs.

I'm planning to post more pictures from my trip to the Bridgestone Invitational. I've got a couple of Peter Lonard. Everyone talks about how physically fit Tiger is. Lonard is stunningly fit. Tiger looks like a chess player in comparison.

No comments: