Friday, February 13, 2009

Updates

Maybank Malaysian Open: Danny Chia is leading the tournament at -13. And yes, I've had the Chia-Pet song in my head for most of the day. Nick Dougherty is at -8, Simon Dyson is at -7 - he always plays well in Asia, Oliver Fisher is at -5, Johan Edfors -4, and Louis Oosthuizen has finally had an off-week and is at -3 through two rounds.

SBS Open - Michelle Wie was tied for the lead at -8 when I last saw a scoreboard (prior to 7:30pm Est). With the winds blowing like they are over there, she might still be in the lead or tied for the lead at the end of the round today. But according to the announcers, the winds could be even stronger tomorrow so it might not be a good day for any of the ladies. Wie did miss a few really short putts today so I don't think she's got this sewn up. She's got some work to do.

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am - I think Retief Goosen was leading when I last saw a scoreboard. I wasn't really paying attention to the scores since there are tons of players and the coverage was bouncing all over the place. And it's hard to look ahead to see who might challenge on Sunday when there's a course rotation going on. With the players playing different courses the first three days, you can't really look at the scoreboard and say "so and so might make a move". You can't really know.

Allianz Championship - Bernhard Langer appears to be picking up where he left off last year. When I last saw the scores scrolling along the bottom of the screen, he was in the lead.

My Mom said to me that I was going to think that tomorrow was Sunday since I had today off. And I think she's right, especially since I think the SBS tournament concludes tomorrow. A rare Saturday finish on the LPGA Tour. I thought this might be for travel issues, but I think I remember that someone once said it might be because of when the coverage would air in Korea since SBS is the title sponsor? I'm not sure about that.

As for me and the sparse posting lately, I've been pretty exhausted for no apparent reason. I've diagnosed myself with a thyroid issue and I've started taking some herbal supplements to see if they help me out.

No comments: