Sunday, February 01, 2009

Rory McIlroy Wins the Dubai Desert Classic

I guess I had a good idea when I chose McIlroy as my Spotlight Player to watch this year (over in the side bar). At one time, McIlroy had about a 6 shot lead in this final round, only to make it really interesting in the last four holes with a bogey on the 15th, 16th and 17th holes to finish up with just a one shot margin over Justin Rose. If I hadn't read the results on the web ahead of time, I would have been cussing McIlroy in those closing holes because he's had a habit of letting tournaments get away from him. But he pulled through today with a win, and in the end that's what matters.

Here's a list of the top ten finishers:
McIlroy
Justin Rose
Henrik Stenson
Paul Casey
Robert Karlsson
Martin Kaymer
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Louis Oosthuizen
Scott Strange
Anthony Wall

Sergio finished T11.

No comments: