Thursday, February 12, 2009

SBS Open at Turtle Bay

Another week of fun and sun in Hawaii! I love watching the Hawaii tournaments. Mainly because they take place when it's cold and dreary here in WV.

I guess the big news is Michelle Wie's first tournament as a card-holding member of the Tour. She isn't making a big splash right now, but that's good. If she came out with a low round today, she would only set herself up for disaster tomorrow.

I don't know about everyone else, but I find it a little difficult to watch the LPGA with all of the Asian players who are doing so well on the Tour. It's hard for me to differentiate between them. They all play well, and I don't know enough about the Asian culture and language to be able to attach some individuality to all of the names. I'm sure to them the names Betty and Mary are just as alike to them as Song-Hee Kim and Hee-Won Han are to me. And just to be fair, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between Jonathan Kaye and Jonathan Byrd on the PGA Tour either.

No comments: