Sunday, October 22, 2006

Interesting Article Written by Greg Norman

(I believe this can be found in Travel +Leisure Golf Magazine. I found it on Norman's website)

Reef Love

Adventures along Australia's Great Barrier Reef

By Greg Norman

I was born in Mount Isa, a small outback mining town populated largely by Finnish immigrants who migrated to Australia after World War II. My mother was the daughter of a Finnish carpenter and my father was an electrical engineer. When I was still very young, we moved to Townsville on the Queensland coast. It was there, on the edge of the Coral Sea and the Great Barrier Reef, that I spent the first fifteen years of my life. I took it for granted back then, but now I realize that I grew up in paradise: a pristine rain-forest area near the Tropic of Capricorn with white-sand beaches, clear coastal waters and year-round warm weather.

................................ click here to read the whole article ..............................

No comments: