Saturday, March 08, 2008

An Unfortunate Victim

Golf is an unfortunate victim today of the weather we are experiencing here in WV. Here we are getting some snow and it's going to be 15 degrees by morning. So, since it's cold and snowy outside, I'm looking for something warm and sunny to watch on tv. Did I find that today? Well, I found tennis on the tennis channel - Las Vegas, outside courts, and players playing in the warm sun and sweating. What did I find on NBC? Golfers playing in mid 50s temperatures. Sure there was some sun, but it didn't warm me up. Not even that interview with Fred Couples. So, tonight I'm still watching tennis.

As for the golf, first the NBC guys said that Stewart Cink came out of the Matchplay event with a lot of confidence. Then they said he was demoralized by his loss at the hands of Tiger Woods. So which is it? Johnny Miller picked Stewart Cink as the one to watch on Sunday. Well, he picked Luke Donald last week and Luke didn't win. It will be interesting to see if that becomes a trend.

No comments: