Thursday, March 20, 2008

Par for the Course

It's both a cliche and apparently something the leader of North Korea doesn't see too much of. After I read the Merline Lovelace book (search back through the blog for my review), I decided to do a quick search online to see if there are golf courses in North Korea. Lovelace's book featured a female North Korean star golfer. Well, I found this news article that explains that some people are trying to organize tours to the ultra-private course where the leader of North Korea once made 11 holes in one (by his account anyway).

In a stark contrast to a well-maintained golf course, I also found this news article from the BBC which reports that North Korea's food shortage is getting worse. If only they had someplace with good soil and irrigation where they could plant some crops.......

No comments: